:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Holidays 2015

By 9:00 AM , ,

I've got a few looks from the end of summer and fall semester to post... This'll probably be a quick series without much captioning – let the designs speak for themselves!

This one's particularly atrocious, I know. The other posts from the late series weren't themed, so they could technically have gone up anytime and no one would've known any better. Except for maybe nail shape.

Well?

Too bad. By now, you know me better than to expect anything else.


As you've probably figured our, I have my look from the 2015 holidays today. I try to do a themed winter look every year, and I think this is my favorite yet. That index nail may be a little out of place, but I didn't care anymore after at least four re-dos – just appreciate the sterling flakes and holo gradient.

The middle two nails, though... The backdrop is inspired by a beautiful night sky set I saw on Tumblr (unfortunately I don't recall who originally did them), with an additional reindeer for that ***holiday*** spirit. And Mylar on the pinkie. What can go wrong with Mylar?

Because I only have one photo of this one, let's take a fun commemorative trip through the past four winter manis. I've got a lot to thank the nail gods for...


2011 – Ah, Essie Pretty Edgy. My first "nice" polish, and I would've still loved it if it hadn't turned into a gooey mess at the bottom of the bottle. I also distinctly remember being so proud of that bow! It is a nice bow.


2012 – Three of my friends pooled money to buy me a Chanel polish for Christmas :') For this one, I remember being so extremely excited to receive the polish at school that I immediately went home and devised this glitterbomb with Graphite LOL. Good times...


2013 – Alright, we're starting to get real here (and mix nail shapes as I figure out my favorite). That gorgeous glowy blue-purple is ILNP Birefringence, which I'm currently wearing (still). Still like this one, I think!


2014 – Aaaand last year! This one's actually up on the blog here, as a half-hearted attempted at an NYE mani. Precise tapework, galaxies, piercings, and holo. And pointy stabby almond nails. Definitely one of my favorite manis!

I'm so glad I've learned since 2011, haha. Never been much of a cuticle painter, thankfully, but those cuticles (technically, eponychium) and nail shape were so awful. You gotta start somewhere, though...

For the 2015 iteration, materials used:
  • Floss Gloss Pony – neon pastel peach crème
  • F.U.N Lacquer Pay Day – fine sterling silver flakies
  • Color Club Blue Heaven – baby blue holographic
  • China Glaze All Wrapped Up – blue-purple smooth microglitter
  • China Glaze Dorothy Who? – sky-cobalt smooth microglitter
  • Wet n Wild Black Crème
  • Julep Char – dark navy crème
  • Zoya Sia – ultramarine crème
  • Essie Blanc – white crème
  • China Glaze Tart-y To The Party – lavender crème
  • Color Club [unnamed] – sheer neon blue jelly
  • Mylar film
Thanks for reading :') 

Bethany

All products in this post purchased by author. Recent photos shot with an iPhone 5s and iPhone 6s and color-correct in Photoshop CC 2015.

You Might Also Like

0 comments