:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Color Club Blue Heaven – Swatch

By 5:09 PM , , , , ,

Hello!

Thought I'd start up this blog with one of my favorite polishes, which also happens to be the newest addition to my collection. Color Club Blue Heaven! It's my first linear holo, and it's absolutely gorgeous. Blue Heaven is a baby blue linear holographic polish from the 2013 Halo Hues collection.


The linear prism is incredibly strong! All photos in this post were taken under a yellow-ish fluorescent lamp, then adjusted for color in Photoshop. Apologies for the specks on my hand; those were remnant glitter pieces from a previous mani. 

I was highly impressed by the application. As I don't own an aqua base coat, I decided to forgo the base coat and paint directly on my natural nails. These photos are shown at two coats of Blue Heaven, with no topcoat as that can dull the shine. Three days later, I only have slight tip wear and not a single chip – pretty amazing for no base or top coat. 



Hand-posing with a vial of teal scattered holographic glitter. 


I'm a huge sucker for linear holos. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of it with standard indoor lighting, but a very faint prism is still visible indoors. Once it hits the sunlight, though... 

I'll definitely be buying more linear holos! Hopefully the local TJ Maxx will pick up some more old Color Clubs. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments