:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

F.U.N Lacquer Pay Day – Swatch

By 11:43 PM , , , , , ,

Another indie swatch for today! This is the gorgeous Pay Day by F.U.N Lacquer, a longtime lemming.

You can vaguely see me in my nails!
I'm not even sure where to start with this polish. According to the label sticker, Pay Day is a foil effect from the Luxury Duo (and unfortunately, I don't have the other half of this duo). This is not a glitter, nor is it your typical foil – Pay Day is loaded with sterling silver flakies, and the resultant shine is absolutely astounding.


When viewing my hand from a distance, it almost looks like silver mirror Minx. That's just how reflective this polish is. I received several compliments while wearing this! That's more than usual for a solid, plain mani @_@ (Sounds pretty sad, but true.)
Pay Day in strong, direct light to showcase the shine.
 I mean, just look at it. Mmmm. Am I fangirling too hard?

F.U.N Lacquer Pay Day
Price: $15, from Llarowe (the actual site appears to be down)
Size: 0.4 fl oz • 12 mL ($37.5/fl oz)
Color: Silver/champagne, depending on the light
Finish: Extremely shiny foil/metallic; nearly mirror. Or crushed, shiny side of foil.
Application: No issues whatsoever!
Opacity: These pictures depict 4 thin coats with Essie All In One Base, an Elmer's glue base, and no topcoat. As simply brushing the polish on tended to sweep away the flakies, I often pressed the side of the brush to the nail to "pat" on the flakies. That worked very well! 3 coats was probably enough to achieve full opacity, though.
Brush/bottle: Soft bristles, with a clear wider side. The bottle itself isn't the most unique, but it's certainly elegant with the logo in gold print. 

+ : Lives up to its luxury moniker. So reflective! The sterling silver works magic in this shade. 
 : It does take a lot of coats to really build up that shininess, but that's just about it for a downside. Totally worth it. 

The golden/champagne side of Pay Day.
 In certain lights, Pay Day looks more pale gold/champagne than silver. I've noticed that it took on its most golden hue in the white/blue fluorescent lights of my shower, lol. However, this picture was taken in the warm yellow light of my room.


If the earlier pictures weren't enough to convince you of its mirror-like quality, here's one that shows the blue reflecting off my waterbottle. Most reflective polish I've ever seen... I can finally cross a long-term lemming off my list!

Next up: spring/Easter manicure. Potentially featuring yet another new indie polish? ;)

Thanks for reading!



You Might Also Like

0 comments