:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Floss Gloss Pony – Swatch

By 8:17 PM , , , , ,

Finally!

Believe me, these photos were a massive pain to handle. They're still far from reality, but this is the closest I'll ever get. (I know, I complain a lot. The color is worth the griping, though.)

FG Pony in natural light, indoors.
Floss Gloss Pony! My first ever Floss Gloss, after gazing at them for months on Instagram and Twitter. I was pretty surprised to learn that they're a local indie company – less than thirty minutes from where I live in the suburbs near San Francisco. Shipping consequently took only one day, and it was lovely.

Natural light, indoors.
The website describes Pony as a "neon peach pastel." Absolutely spot on! Though Pony is no longer on my fingers, it's on my toes, which are now very bright and easily visible from my towering height of 5'3". One of my friends dubbed Pony "summer in a bottle," which is just as accurate as FG's interpretation. These photos in no way do it justice – just trust me when I say it's truly neon. 

Floss Gloss Pony
Price: $8, standard retail
Size: 0.18 fl oz • 5.5 mL ($44.4/fl oz)
Color: Neon peach
Finish: Crème. Dried mostly shiny, but slightly muted. Not quite matte/satin like most other neons.
Application: Standard consistency, standard application.
Opacity: These pictures depict 4 coats with Essie All In One Base and no topcoat.
Brush/bottle: Moderately stiff bristles, with a clear wider side. Somewhat fans out during application with a little pressure. The bottle itself is absolutely adorable! Such a cute gilded cap with functional ridges and petite glass bottle. Awesome design.

+ : Super unique color. I haven't quite seen anything like it. I'm relatively new to the nail blogging community, but after refreshing myself on some of the more mainstream neon collections, I still can't say I've seen anything that quite matches up with Pony. 
: Pigmentation. After four coats, I was still convinced that there were some thin streaks, but I didn't quite have the heart to put on a fifth coat either. But it's so bright it's hardly an issue! 

FG Pony, indoor yellow-ish light. Slightly color corrected.


Conclusion: Overall, an excellent first experience with Floss Gloss Pony! This is only my second dabble into the indie world (my first being I Love Nail Polish Birefringence), so I'm relatively awestruck by everything thus far. It might be a while before the thrill finally wears off, though, so I hope my reviews aren't too skewed. Still super exciting ;) 

Thanks for reading! :•)

You Might Also Like

0 comments