:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Zoya Heather – Swatch

By 1:00 PM , ,

[Click on the photo to view full post.]

Zoya Heather in sunlight, indoors.
This post was supposed to come before the Pi Day mani, but that's okay. My first legitimate, planned swatch post! Absolutely amazing. (The others were random shots I decided to convert into swatch posts.)

What's equally amazing is the shade itself – Zoya Heather. Heather is a pale, slightly warm lilac with extremely subtle silver microshimmer that's only visible in the bottle. And, as someone who generally dislikes subtle shimmers, I am 100% okay with that. As I've never actually noticed the shimmer translate onto the nails, I'm just going to go ahead and label this one a creme.

Zoya Heather in yellow/incandescent light, indoors.
I've been on the lookout for such a shade for a while. China Glaze Sweet Hook was my original target, but then the Zoya New Year promo happened and I just had to order. ($15 for 3 full-size bottles of my choice and a mystery mini trio? Including shipping and handling? Um, yes.) Heather is my current favorite! Here's a quick breakdown of the polish.

Zoya Heather
Price: $9, standard retail
Color: Whitened lilac
Finish: Crème, with existent but unnoticeable silver shimmer. I'm wearing a thick, gel-like clear topcoat in each of these pictures to mitigate some application issues. 
Application: A little problematic. It often failed to self-level, so even with careful application attempts, I was left with slightly bald streaks or uneven thickness. Otherwise, consistency was standard.
Opacity: These pictures depict 4 coats

+ : The color! So gorgeous.
– : Application was finicky, and it lacks that perfectly smooth gloss I can achieve with my other crème polishes. 

Sunlight, indoors. Apologies for poor quality, but the color was most accurate in this shot.
Conclusion: Zoya Heather is worth its four coats and self-evening issues for me, but only because I don't have a similar color. Does China Glaze Sweet Hook have fewer application issues? (Or would CG Light As Air be a better dupe?) All in all, I still adore this color – and it makes for a perfect spring mani. 

And... look what arrived!


Here's a preview of the next post ;) 


Pre-cleanup and all on my most summery sheets! My phone hates neons still.

Thanks for reading :^)

You Might Also Like

0 comments