:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

NYE 2014

By 4:19 PM , , , , ,

Under two months late for this one! Not bad.

Then again, I did this manicure on January 2... Close enough. 


I had a lot of fun constructing this one! The blue and black bases had actually been painted for a few days before I decided to add accents, which is fairly typical. Very few of my manicures start with predetermined designs – I just paint on patterns randomly, and if it ends badly, I just keep adding/erasing/fixing until it looks decent. 

Linear holos astound me every time. Such a gorgeous collection by Color Club! Not going to lie, though... my favorite part of this manicure is the piercing. I absolutely love nail piercings! So easy to perform (albeit slightly scary) and completely painless. I have no other piercings on my body lol so a nail ring will do for now. 

(Thinking about doing a natural nail piercing tutorial... it's pretty self-explanatory, but piercing yourself can be pretty terrifying the first time. Unfortunately, there aren't any great natural nail self-piercing videos on Youtube [at least any obvious ones]. Most likely going to at least do a pictorial!) 


Average room lighting photo. 

I added a black diamond 3mm Swarovski flatback to the base of the pinky nail the day after taking these photos. Didn't get any decent pictures with it, sadly!


Look at that holo. (Pre-piercing.)

More pictures – blurry, holo-accentuating ones – and details after the jump!




Shot in natural sunlight during a car ride lol. Holo doesn't get much better than this, though.


For the galaxy index nail, I painted a base of Zoya Storm and sponged on Color Club Blue Heaven. Such an awesome shortcut/alternative for your average galaxy nail! If you don't have time to sponge on 10 different colors, sponge lightly with a linear holographic. It's got the rainbow covered.

Polishes used:
  • Zoya Storm - black scattered holographic
  • Color Club Blue Heaven - baby blue linear holographic
  • Julep Hope - satin-finish white creme
Design/technique breakdown:
  • Index - simple holo version of galaxy nails
  • Middle - triangles with the aid of tape!
  • Ring - homemade polish strips in Zoya Storm
Thanks for reading! :^)


You Might Also Like

0 comments