:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Valentine's Day?

By 11:41 AM , ,

So, Valentine's Day... I went to my lab at 11:00 AM, returned to my dorm at 12:00 PM, and have been eating continuously ever since while prepping this post. Not a bad day at all. My PhD student mentor/coworker bought some chocolates for the lab – we're pretty festive, I think.


I'm not all about Valentine's Day, but themed nails had to happen. And I'm pretty glad with how these turned out! This was my first experience with striping tape, and it most definitely won't be the last. (Especially when it's fuschia holographic...)


The rest of the nails were freehanded with normal nail polish brushes (not art brushes) – super easy and quick. Establishing the base was actually probably the most difficult part, as that light pink just did not want to even itself out. Patchiness for daaaays.

If you're wondering about my thumb, have a blurry shot:


"I am not displeased by your presence" was a bit too long, so this'll have to do. If you read this blog, though, know that I do love you and not just tolerate you. ;)

Products used:

  • Urban Outfitters Picnic Peach – peach-pink crème
  • Zoya Janel – cool red crème
  • Pure Ice Reddy-Or-Not – multi-sized fine red glitter in a clear base
  • Skin Food Sparkle Sun Yellow – ultrafine dense gold metallic flakes
  • Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow – gold glitter in a clear base with 24k gold shimmer
  • China Glaze Fairy Dust – fine silver holo glitter in a clear base
  • Omega Labs Nail Glitter #117 – pink-green iridescent glitter
  • Swarovski rhinestones – 2.5 & 2 mm Crystal AB, 2.5 mm Crystal
  • Striping tape – fuschia holographic
  • Metallic studs – gold, matte gold
  • Black gel pen (I know, I know) 

Thanks for reading!

Bethany
Currently listening to A Month of Sunshine by Fever Dreamer

All products in this post purchased by the author. Photos taken with an iPhone 6s and color-corrected in Adobe Photoshop CC 2015. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments