:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

ILNP Birefringence – Swatch

By 9:00 AM , , ,

We're back to posting things that are still on my nails as I type! Miracle of miracles.

Not much of an intro for this one, because I have seven (7!) swatch shots of I Love Nail Polish Birefringence – and the only appropriate way to describe pretty much all of them is luscious.


I don't have the words for this. Which is both beautiful and terrible, as I'm trying to write a review. Honestly, I'm not even sure how I'd fully describe the color... Purpley-blue with green-yellow-orange-red-pink at the far edges?


You'll see that I'm not wrong, even though I hit just about every wavelength in the spectrum.


ILNP Ultrachromes are a cult fave amongst indies, and I am so on that hype train. I impulse-bought Birefringence when it first came out as one of the original four Ultrachromes; it was my first ever indie polish. The dedication is real.


Most polishes shift colors under different types of lighting (natural, fluorescent), but this is the only one I have that truly shifts color and finish under different luminance levels. The first two resemble encapsulated silk in purple-blue; the next two read a bit more cyan metallic.


The shimmer is insane in direct sunlight. You also start seeing these little teal-green metallic particles you never would've noticed in indoors light, and you begin to wonder how many different looks this one shade can take on.


And, of course, the underwater shot. Multichromes are notorious for showing their full potential under water, and Birefringence is no different. That oil-slick shift. I've gotten by far the most compliments on this polish when worn plain, and it's not difficult to see why.

I Love Nail Polish Birefringence

Price: $12.50 via their website 
Size: 12 mL (standard)
Finish: Insane ultrachrome that shifts from metallic to pearlescent
Formulation: 3-free
Application: Very unproblematic. I'm wearing three easy coats sandwiched with Essie Ridge Filling base and Essie All-In-One base (as topcoat). 
Brush/bottle: ILNP has changed their bottle shape since I purchased mine (round to square). The rubberized caps are nondescript but functional and the brush was very easy to work with, though I've forgotten exactly what it was like. 

Overall: Do I have to put anything here? I love it. I love it so much. I'm going to buy more.

If you didn't believe in the multichrome nature of this polish, have a blurry airplane shot I just had to take en route from CA to RI.


What other polish does that?

Thanks for reading :•)

Bethany
Currently listening to Sunday Candy by Chance the Rapper.

All products in this post purchased by the author. Photos taken with an iPhone 6s and color-corrected in Adobe Photoshop CC 2015. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments