:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Revlon 3D Jewel Appliques – Review

By 8:00 AM , ,

[Click on the photo to view full post.]

Hello! It's been a while. It's finally major crunchtime, what with extracurriculars and other significant stressors (college decisions!) piling up from here till the end of AP exams. Gross. So, instead of finishing up calculus homework, let's post a delayed review instead! Sounds fairly solid to me. Let's be real, though... I'm most likely still going to end up spending an disproportionate amount of time on my nails.

Oh, it's also my half-birthday today! Well, now, yesterday. Small details. I guess it's an unbirthday now – cue Alice and the Mad Hatter.

So. Nails.


For my birthday, a good friend gave me a set of Revlon Nail Art 3D Jewel Appliques in Denim & Diamonds. The kit included about 24 individual nail stickers in the package of varying sizes, as well as a double-sided emery board with differing grits and a clear stick meant to help push the sticker into the sides of the nails.

These were my first experience with any sort of nail appliques, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect beyond some sort of sticker. They did, however, go on easier than I thought they would! Application was fairly foolproof. Prep involves washing any natural oils off the nail and gently roughing them up with a fine-grit file. Then, just peel the stickers from the backing sheet, match with correct fingers, press them on and stretch them around a bit. Seal tips with a fine-grit file and gently tear off excess. Pretty easy! The larger stickers worked well for my nails, and though you can't see it well in these pictures, the silver triangles were nicely shiny.


Unfortunately, there was a slight amount of wrinkling/folding near the tips and edges. Those could've totally been my fault, though, due to lack of experience. The index finger looks particularly atrocious in these pictures, but it looked fine in actual life. 

These lasted about three to four days of standard life before starting to seriously wear. No topcoat. Removal was effortless – just peel off and go. No residue left. All in all, a solid product! This only makes me more curious about more high-end appliques, though. NCLA, I'm looking at you. 

In unrelated news, I just ordered some Floss Gloss for the first time ever. I'm pretty excited! Nothing like expensive boutique polish with mega-discounts ;) You can probably expect a swatch post in the next few weeks... I no longer have the almond-stiletto talons that so many of their hand models have, but hopefully I'll do the polish justice all the same. 

Hope March madness hasn't sunk in too much for you yet! :^)

You Might Also Like

0 comments