:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Daisies & Pearls (ft. Hong Kong)

By 12:00 PM , , ,

I've got a few looks from the end of summer and fall semester to post... This'll probably be a quick series without much captioning – let the designs speak for themselves!


You know I love my florals. Of all the things I could put in my navigation bar, #floral gets its own special notch in the #nail-art drop-down column.

In the past, though, I've mostly limited myself to roses. With one particularly inspired exception, I've never strayed far from my comfort zone – I know I can reliably paint roses, and I know they elicit reactions. (Also, how many self-referencing links can I get in the intro to one post? Haha)

Well, I finally attempted something new! It's truly a miracle :•) Fresh daisies on a gradient bed framed by white-pearl latticework. All with gold accents. And a pretty psychedelic pastel thumb. Pretty random and eclectic when phrased as such, but I like how it turned out! A mellow mixture of hippie and summer.

Polishes used:

  • Julep Bess – light sky blue crème
  • Julep Hope – white satin-finish crème
  • China Glaze Tart-y For The Party – pastel lavender crème
  • Essie Cute As A Button – surprisingly bright pink-coral crème
  • Estée Lauder Shimmering Pink – semi-sheer pearl
  • Skin Food Sparkle Sun Yellow – bright microglittery gold
  • Barbie-pink homemade franken
  • White and yellow acrylic paint
Small postscript: this was the mani I wore during my August 2015 Hong Kong trip to visit my extended family! I'm definitely not a photographer (just another small tourist with an iPhone), but here's a photo I took of the famous HK skyline looking out to Central from Tsim Sha Tsui.
 

I'll always love it there.

Thanks for reading! :)
Bethany

All polishes and materials in this post purchased by author. Photos taken with an iPhone 5s and color-corrected in Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.

You Might Also Like

0 comments