:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Breaking the Silence (ft. Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday)

By 6:38 PM , , , ,

Hello!

It's been a while. A really long while. (I've started a post with that exact sentence before, haven't I?) Approximately half a year and one semester of college later... Nails & Whales is back! (!!!!!!!!) Though I've been busy and blog-silent on the East Coast for the past four months, I've still been doing nail art and buying polishes. Probably way too many polishes. Result: I've got a whole pile of photos to process and a list of untrieds to attack.

College has been absolutely fantastic, though. (Shout out if you're from Brown and have somehow made your way here!) I've met some of the best people, pierced a nail and an ear, and raised a small child for a few months. All good stuff. On blogging, so many of my friends have opened introspective, serious blogs upon entering college – semi-regular reflections on life, personal growth, and philosophy. Meanwhile...

Nothing wrong with a profound appreciation for nail polish. It kinda relates to organic chemistry, right?

And with that, I'm very glad to be back!

Figured I'd feature a very celebratory polish for the occasion – what could be more appropriate than the legendary Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday? A dense mix of rainbow hex glitters in a clear base... blinged-out party confetti for your nails.


Or maybe cupcake sprinkles? Albeit a little more metallic. I'm excited to try HB over Essie Peak Show, a lovely powder pink creme I purchased a few weeks ago. Expect a post soon!  

Don't they complement each other so well? I'm thinking rainbow sprinkles on a strawberry frosted donut.
Promise I'll do my best to post more regularly this time around. I do have quite a lot of backlog, and I've got a new weekly feature in mind. Stay rad!

Bethany
Currently listening to Fall Harder by Skylar Spence.

All polishes in this post purchased by author. Photos taken with an iPhone 6s and color-corrected in Adobe Photoshop CC 2015. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments