:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Florals, Studs, & Piercings

By 12:30 PM , ,

I've got a few looks from the end of summer and fall semester to post... This'll probably be a quick series without much captioning – let the designs speak for themselves!

Sounds like a recipe for hipster pop punk.
This first mani is from the beginning of October, right when I had just begun getting used to college life. I remember asking a random dorm neighbor to hold a lighter as I heated a safety pin for the piercing; previous attempts included holding the pin to our weak communal kitchen stove, which resulted in an ominously rusty glow from the burner but insufficient heat for piercing.
Pre-piercing, as are the rest of the pictures.
The lighter certainly worked! I also clearly remember him and other hallmates being astounded by the fact that I just pierced my nail, haha.

"Does it hurt?" asked multiple friends.

An understandable question, considering it's usually the go-to after someone gets a new piercing.
Yes, this picture is nearly identical to the first one. Minus ring, plus better background.
But, does it hurt when you clip your nails? No, unless you're really awful at navigating your free edge. To answer the question – absolutely not! I haven't yet had the misfortune of being burned by the needle / stabbed / otherwise horribly mutilated, so let's hope nail piercing continues being painless.

Polishes used:

  • Zoya Hunter – dark yellow-green crème
  • Nature Republic [name unknown] – cool beige crème (base & blending)
  • Color Club Be Bold – oxblood crème

If you're a longtime blog reader or are familiar with my nail art (hello friends), you're probably wondering if the only detailed nail art I can do is limited to florals. Well... probably. For now. But I'm working on it! Check out the first version of this design, done seven months before this reiteration.


Just a lot of practice, shaping work, and nail growth. It's as if this design has gone through puberty... Or maybe the new one's just the college version. Complete with new piercing.

Thanks for reading! :)
Bethany

Currently listening to Impossible Year by Panic! At The Disco
the new album dropped today and I could not be more excited

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That color scheme!! And the mixing of metal and florals. So on point.

    #1 fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am your #1 fan :') Thank you Viv!an!! (Small Panic! At The Disco situation here I see)

      Delete