:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Summer

By 1:10 AM , ,

It's been four months since my last post. I promise it wasn't supposed to be this way; I had an entire schedule charted out, from Week 1 of second semester till the end. But spring semester proved a different creature from fall (thanks organic chemistry and Metcalf Research Lab!), and I fell behind only two weeks into the plan. At least my last post wasn't just a swatch...

That also means it's been four months since I've done any serious art. I vaguely remember (sans documentation) neon gradient tips for Spring Weekend and a mint-pink gradient for the end of the school year, but absolutely no detail work. There is a partially legitimate reason – in organic chem, we wash all glassware with acetone, which pretty much nullifies any possibility for intricate art. I once made the mistake of swatching Illamasqua's Phallic on my right hand... Pigment running down my fingers for days.


But that's all over now, and it's a little strange how anticlimactic it all is. A quarter of college done? Definitely doesn't feel like it.

Anyways. Nail art. After a third of a year without practice, it wasn't a surprise that I no longer had the finesse I did, and I was discouraged enough by the first two fingers that I just decided to quit while (relatively) ahead. My iPhone photography (lolol) and Photoshop photomanipulation have also suffered – they'll recover.


So, I'm not entirely sure what this is; vines and crazy glitter tips? If anything, we can appreciate the return to an almond nail shape, at least. If you really want to stretch things, stitch the two halves together into a metaphor for my freshman year. Fall was full of cautious and clean constants, and spring... chaotic. Plenty of new experiences, stochastic variability, and personal growth.

That was an awful comparison, but we'll go with it anyways.

To more nail art and more blog activity this summer!

Products used (links are swatches):
  • Zoya Heather – pale lilac creme with hidden silver shimmer
  • Color Club Sugarplum Fairy – dense lavender holo hex glitter
  • Phthalate green, ochre yellow, black, and white acrylic paints
Thanks for reading :•)

Currently listening to the Vitalic remix of Delta by C2C

You Might Also Like

0 comments