:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Neon Summer

By 1:48 AM ,

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a summer mani preview on my Instagram... Hopefully you've seen it! If you haven't, well, there's not really any reason to check it out anymore because it's right here. 

Despite that, I still highly recommend checking out that new IG ;)


And here it is! Wish I didn't save the image in such a small size, but can't exactly go back and undo that now. Anyways... this was my first manicure of summer 2015! Much like my detailed floral/poppy mani, this mani came to be after a sudden urge to create an actual design I would have to draw with a teeny brush and acrylic paint. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out – the pointed ice cream pinky is a result of a broken nail, but I think it ended up alright ;)

The process was simple: a basecoat of color, designs drawn in with a small paintbrush and acrylic, and matte topcoat. I was inspired by various Instagram nail techs for the ring and pinky fingers, and a random nail wrap for the pineapple print nail. A somewhat shameful admission: the pinky is hidden because I messed up and was too lazy to redo it. After a good week of wearing the mani, I ended up replacing it with a 100% silver mirror shard coat of F.U.N Lacquer's Pay Day. I sponged on the flakies, resulting in dense coverage and ultra-enhanced mirror-like qualities. As if the neon weren't bright enough!

Materials used:
  • Julep Hope – white satin-finish crème
  • Nicole by OPI Lay It On The Lime – light lime crème
  • Floss Gloss Pony – neon pastel peach crème
  • Zoya Charlotte – warm greige crème
  • F.U.N Pay Day – silver flakie topcoat (not pictured)
  • Various shades of acrylic paint
These nails couldn't be any more different from the nails I'm currently wearing, but it's already been well-established that I have a problem with publishing my manicures on time. Off to a trip to Hong Kong beginning next Monday – this time I have a good excuse for inactivity! Currently contemplating what to wear on nails for the trip...

Hope your summer has been excellent thus far. Thanks for reading! :•)

Currently listening to: Vicious Love (ft. Hayley Williams) – New Found Glory & Love Me Like You Do – All Time Low (cover)


You Might Also Like

0 comments