:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Discothèque (and a lot of parentheticals)

By 11:25 PM , , ,

Yet another two-month hiatus – good work, Bethany.

I'm blaming work (i.e. endless crying over MATLAB) for this one. But, with four days left of my internship and half a month until I move back to Providence, I've found myself suddenly motivated to post & design new art as a last hurrah of sorts.

Why are my photos still uploading blurrily...? Manual HTML adjustment isn't doing anything.
This is a look from early summer, immediately after the design from the last post. Minimalism (laziness?) is apparently my current theme – sub intricate detailed brushwork for a bit of metallic hardware and sparkle. Honestly, the coolest thing about this mani is the piercing... That's about it.

So, linear holographic pigment + smooth, smooth silver = a futuristic discothèque? Maybe. I don't think that's terribly far off, at least.
Gotta have a blurry shot to show that sunlit holo.
I'll leave this post pretty short; the compulsion to paint my nails is still MIA despite (halfhearted) efforts to muster it up for the past two months. The advent of school means that I'll have even less time to attempt new nail art, so let's hope the mani I'm working on right now (right now!) proves worthy of a post...

Products used (links are swatches):
  • L'Oreal Masked Affair – lavender-grey intermediate holo (neither linear nor scattered)
  • OPI Push and Shove – ultra-smooth silver chrome
  • Silver studs, clear Swarovski flatback crystals, a silver jump ring
Thanks for reading (especially if you're from my personal Snapchat) :•)

You Might Also Like

0 comments