:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Ruby Pumps – Swatch

By 6:43 PM , , ,

Hello! Quick swatch post today.

For the holidays, I borrowed a bottle of the quintessential red glitter – China Glaze Ruby Pumps. Absolutely gorgeous shine, though you really have to layer this one to bring out its full potential.


I've been meaning to get my hands on a bottle of this for a while, but just never had the chance. I was finally able to have glittery cherry red talons for Christmas, thanks to my friend Kitty! (Love you.) Never lend a girl with two-centimeter-long nails a bottle of sheer glitter polish though – at three coats a nail, this manicure actually made a visible dent in the bottle. Sorry! :( (You can borrow my other polishes anytime you want, though.)


I love this shade. (Slightly out of focus to showcase the fire! Or my iPhone and I are just really bad at close-up photography.)

China Glaze Ruby Pumps is a sheer red with finely milled red glitter. Although not terribly unique, Ruby Pumps really just is that classic red glitter polish! The formula is just what you'd expect of China Glaze's fine glitters, smooth and even. I used three thin coats and a thick layer of glossy topcoat, as it dries slightly bumpy (but not LiquidSand gritty). 

You Might Also Like

0 comments