:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Autumnal Vintage

By 9:18 PM , , , ,

Hello!

Decided to try new things today, and this is what happened. It began with a cautious dry-marble polish applique on the ring finger and became an entire mani of new techniques, tied together with a questionable color scheme. I'm still not sure how I feel about the lavender "rose" on the middle finger and the thumb seems a little out of place, but I liked it enough to post.


Someone please teach me how to use the pen tool in Photoshop CS6. And photomanipulation in general.


I actually like the thumb now! It still feels a little out of place though because I chose a different nude polish base. Not quite sure why. The roses themselves were pretty easy to freehand, despite the relatively fat nail art brush I used. Only four polishes necessary for the actual roses. 


Thumb: Freehanded roses.
Index: Thin stripes of most colors used with my nail art brush.
Middle: Rose petals with gradient shading. Not sure if I like this technique enough to try again.
Ring: Dry marbling on a plastic bag, then removed and pasted onto nail.
Pinky: Dry marbling again.
For this manicure, I used:
  • Julep Hope ("satin" white creme)
  • Wet n Wild Black Crème
  • OPI Barefoot in Barcelona (darker pink-toned nude)
  • L'Oréal Till The Sun Comes Up (creamy beige)
  • China Glaze Tart-y To The Party (lavender creme)
  • Color Club Be Bold (oxblood crelly)
  • Essie Go Overboard (dark teal creme)
  • Sinful Colors Happy Ending (apple green with gold shimmer)
Basecoat/topcoat: Essie All In One Base. 

Still working on the photography and Photoshop skills, clearly. Hopefully we'll eventually see some improvement!

Hope you enjoyed. :) 


You Might Also Like

0 comments