:~)

nails & whales

More whales needed.

Whimsical Skittle

By 8:44 PM , , , , ,

Uploading an older mani today! This type of skittle manicure is often my fallback when I want to do something but lack any unique inspiration Рgradient cr̬me and non-cr̬me polish bases then a simple white linear design. I went with a pastel palette for this one, very spring-like considering it's currently fall.

(Apologies for tipwear and slight nail growth! I photographed this one too late.)


Continue reading to see the polishes I used!



For my thumb, ring, and pinky, I used a simple semi-tribal design. My middle finger has a holographic base with geometric triangle linework, often featured in my other similar manis. The index finger unintentionally came out resembling an American flag – I only wanted stars and stripes, which, in retrospect, was likely asking for similarities to the flag.


And here are the colors I used! All were cremes except for Blue Heaven, a linear holo swatched here. The gradient worked out so well that I felt like it didn't need much more. 


I'm still new to using Photoshop for photo editing rather than flyer making, so more apologies for my poor editing. All photos taken with an iPhone 5s camera (lol) sans proper lightbox setup (clearly). Hope you liked it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments